Member Benefits of the Decorative Concrete Council (DCC)
Decorative Concrete Council (DCC) – The DCC educates contractors on the technical and business aspects of decorative concrete contracting and promotes decorative concrete to designers, owners and other end users.
1) Four Telephone Hotlines – FREE to Members – These telephone lines are staffed by experts who can answer your questions. Includes Decorative Concrete, Polished Concrete, Concrete Construction, Safety and Insurance.
2) Best Practices – One-page papers cover topics such as “Curing Textured Stamped Concrete” and “Trowel-Finished Integrally Colored Concrete.” There are also 44 Position Statements on general concrete construction issues and five Position Statements on polished concrete.
3) Annual Awards Competition – Highlighting decorative concrete installations around the world provides an opportunity for contractors to gain recognition for special projects. Winning projects are featured in numerous national and international industry publications.
4) "Trends in Decorative Concrete" PPT – AIA Presentation (provides CEU credits), Notated. This presentation was assembled by Todd Scharich and Chris Sullivan. It is intended to be given by DCC contractors to local, regional or national design audiences to inform them of the latest advancements and popular tendencies in our industry. Our staff would like to be informed when you show the PowerPoint and what the response was; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) A Guide to Selecting a Concrete Contractor – Provides the small to medium-sized contractor a checklist of items such as references, drawings, safety practices, insurance coverage, etc., that allows potential customers to compare what your company offers with the competition. This simple brochure emphasizes that contractor selection should be determined by pre-planning, experience, quality of work and track record, not price alone. One copy FREE to members.
6) Sealer Publications – Documents produced by ASCC members dealing with solvent and water-based acrylic sealers for interior and exterior use. Sealer Selection and Application Guide, Concrete Sealer Expectations & Maintenance Guide, a Sealer Characteristics selection chart, and a Glossary of Related Terms are downloadable by members.
7) Webinars – 45-minute webinars, offered monthly, provide members access to speakers and topics from the comfort of their offices. A mix of business and technical topics have included Sealer Issues, Accuracy and Productivity in Estimating, Benefits of Chemical Admixtures in Concrete Construction, and Architectural Concrete: One Person’s Defect May Be Another Person’s Feature. All webinars are archived for members only.
8) Community Projects – From a park in NOLA following Hurricane Katrina, to a Veterans Monument in Colorado, to the Pearl Harbor Visitors’ Center and a day care in the heart of Chicago, every year DCC volunteers donate time, talent and materials to produce amazing decorative installations recipients are unable to achieve with their own limited resources.